Colon Hydrotherapy FAQ
- Is Colon Hydrotherapy safe?
- Is the procedure painful?
- Will I experience any intestinal discomfort or fatigue after the cleansing?
- How long does a session last?
- How many sessions do I need?
- What should I do to prepare for a hydrotherapy session?
- Do I need to take acidophilus after a colon cleansing?
- Where can I get more information regarding colon hydrotherapy?
- What is Acupuncture?
- Does Acupuncture hurt?
- What can Acupuncture treat?
- How many treatments do I need?
- Do you use disposable needles?
1. Is Colon Hydrotherapy safe?
Yes. This is an all natural treatment without drugs or other side effects. Water that is injected into the colon is purified and sterilized.
2. Is the procedure painful?
For most people there is no discomfort during the session. For those with more toxins in the colon, they might experience mild stomach cramping and a feeling of nausea on and off during the session. Breathing exercises and being relaxed will decrease this discomfort.
3. Will I experience any intestinal discomfort or fatigue after the cleansing?
Vast majority of people do not experience discomfort after colonics. However, cleansing will stir up old debris and toxins inside your colon, it is possible that you might experience some minor nausea or fatigue. If any discomfort occurs, it is recommended to rest and apply a warm pad to the abdomen or drink some warm liquid. Any discomfort will usually pass within a day. This is also the reason you should do a series of cleanses. Feeling of discomfort after a session simply means there is more toxins waiting to be released. A follow-up session is recommended.
4. How long does a session last?
Actual session lasts approximately 45 minutes, but you should plan for a hour for the whole duration.
5. How many treatments do I need?
Initially, three to four sessions in a row spaced a week apart is recommended in order to completely clean out the accumulated fecal encrustation and toxin. After the initial series of sessions, you may be well advised to seek a colon hydrotherapy session every two to three months to maintain optimal colon health. Each person is unique in terms of his colon health, diet, environmental stress, etc. This recommendation serves as a general guideline only. After your initial series of colon hydrotherapy sessions, your colon therapist should be able to suggest a reasonable schedule depending on your personal health status.
6. What should I do to prepare for a hydrotherapy session?
Refrain from eating immediately before your hydrotherapy session. Drink plenty of water, but not immediately before your session, will help your bowel movements easier. Otherwise there is nothing special you need to do. Similarly, you can go on with your daily routine immediately after your treatment. Just like there is nothing special you need to do prior and after your regular bowel movement.
7. Do I need to take acidophilus after a colon cleansing?
It is recommended to use acidophilus, but not because the treatment washes out intestinal flora. Colon hydrotherapy cleansings do not wash out intestinal flora. Taking acidophilus subsequent to a colon cleansing is beneficial, because it helps to improve the bacterial balance in the colon.
8. Where can I get more information regarding colon hydrotherapy?
The following links are provided for information only. We are not endorsing or recommending these sites, and are not responsible for their contents or services.
1. What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is one of the main forms of treatment in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Very fine needles are inserted into specific acupuncture points along the body to stimulate the flow the “Qi”, re-balancing the energy flow in the body, which may be disrupted by illnesses. A wide variety of illnesses and health conditions can be treated with acupuncture.
2. Does acupuncture hurt?
Unlike conventional needles, acupuncture needles are not hollow, so they are much thinner. You may feel a tingling sensation when the needle has reached the acupuncture point. In general acupuncture is not painful, and the whole procedure is quite relaxing.
3. What can acupuncture treat?
- Bell’s palsy
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Headaches and migraines
- Hot flashes
- Muscle pain and stiffness (including neck, shoulder, back, knee, etc.)
- Pakinson’s disease
- Tennis elbow
- Weight loss
This is just a partial list of ailments that acupuncture can treat effectively. Please talk to us for more information.
4. How many treatments do I need?
The number of treatments will vary depending on the nature of the problem. Generally speaking, approximately 3 – 5 visits are required, the rule of thumb is that the more recent the ailment, the shorter the treatment time and the fewer treatments needed. Chronic disorders will take longer.
5. Do you use disposable needles?
Yes, we only use disposable needles. Needles are discarded after one use.